Friday, May 2, 2014

EASTER SUNDAY AT BORA!

"...and on the third day, he rose again."


It was our third day on the island and we celebrated Easter with long strolls by the beach in the morning, lunch with family and attended a mass together.


MORNING STROLLS BY THE BEACH



 I went with cousin John and sis.


 There are less people in the mornings but the streets are never empty. 
It is most quiet at dawn, after all the night parties are over.


 The African-themed restaurant near our hotel.

 Interesting piece I saw at a store. Monkey's skull?IDK. I hope it was not killed on the sole purpose of selling its skull though. :(

 This was a restaurant signage. I am pretty sure this was hand-made. It looked really pretty.

Pool at a nearby hotel.



I took a couple photos of live hair braiding simply because I practice it myself on my own hair. 
There were groups of girls who braided for P300 - P500 depending on the length and difficulty of your desired hairstyle.


They even used yarns for color.



We stopped by the coffee shop Real Coffee. I blogged about the place here.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EASTER SUNDAY MASS

Tricycles are the main use for transportation in the island like these colorful ones that took us to the church.






Some graffiti by the church walls.






My baby nephew trying to sing along to the hymns. :)




After the mass, we went straight to the grotto which was just a few blocks away from the church.



 Aunt and mom in a busy background.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUNSET SWIM

I did not edit the colors in these photos. :) The sunset was just magnificent!
You will see a beautiful transition of colors. It started with a light pink and purple and it gave the pictures a film effect. The sunset color then suddenly got a warm orange red and then slowly turned into purple and blue. <3










The colors turned red orange very suddenly...






  ...and slowly faded into this beautiful bluish purple.







---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAMILY EASTER DINNER



There were fire dancers at the restaurant we were at. (Like most restaurants by the beach.)

The fire dancers did beautiful light paintings for me and I was so excited to take pictures of them.











I really did fell in love with Boracay.



'till the next travel,