Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Davao! *Day 1*


Because I just had to start this travel diary entry with Durian, almost synonymous to Davao itself ;)


This was my first trip of the year, and the second time I rode on a plane since 

Singapore, and my third post in this blog. (I just had to say it because it seems like an interesting coincidence of arrangement of numbers but anyway)

Davao was where the Mindanao Hardcore Fest was to be held and my sister's band, Tiger Pussy, was playing so I tagged along together with the PUGO! (design team) Gilcy, Archell and Mac. ^_^ Our friend, Berries wasn't able to come tho. BOOO :(

We planned to meet up at 4 AM. My sister, ate Jan, Banjo and I got there at 5. 
I'm not proud of my Filipino timeliness. HAHA

Gilcy and Mac at the airport.

Archell and the new GoPro he bought. It came just in time for the trip.

Expect tons of pictures of feet and shoes. I have a fascination with them.
I'm someone who rides on a jeepney and looks at people's feet.  >.<


*SKIPPING PLANE PHOTOS because I took an instavid instead. I wasn't really planning on putting the trip on blog but I'm working on what I've got :p


ANYWAYS, TOUCHDOWN DAVAO!


 The PUGO!

Sistaah! Who said whatevs and sat on the airport grounds. Runs in the blood.

The bands we flew with :D

Yatta!

 The other folks we were with. :D

Pugo and Tiger Pussy! It was scorching hot that morning.

 Sissy wearing a handmade headband by my friend Fleur de Clei! She does floral head pieces, too!

 Have I told you I like feet?

Caught a manong figuring out how to take a selfie. He took photos of the airport, too. Must be new to Davao like us. :)


 Girls taking a moment. A moment of what, we'll never know.

Mac playing with the GoPro case. Boys.

And everybody starts walking... It was one long walk exiting the airport. >.<

 Halfway through the walk I was telling you about.
And then we saw this pretty babe! Phew! I took tons of other photos of colored cabs we saw there. We even got to ride in a pink one! <3 
*Excuse my girly alter ego coming out.


And there we were. Hello Davao!



We rode a jeepney to the hostel we were to stay in. 
The cool driver. pew pew pew!


AND THEN THERE CAME FOOD. <3

The same weekend, it was Araw ng Davao. It was sorta like a festival where food shops had sale on their menu and there were food stalls showcasing different dishes and just a loooot of food.

For lunch, we had Bulcachong. It's a famous dish of bull meat. We saw the place later that night and there were more people than there were at lunch time. It probably was because the dish was best to get you off being too drunk or for hangovers. :)
 I was expecting for it taste like Cebu's Lansiao but it didn't. It was really good and not too oily. It was tasty. :)

A taho(Soy bean curd) vendor passed by while we were waiting for the Bulcachong and I was curious whether theirs tasted the same as in Cebu. 
And indeed, it tasted different! Their latik (syrup) tasted like it had coconut milk in it :) It was yum! The vendor looked cool, too! Should've taken a photo of him >.<


Next stop was the famous Backyard Burgers. 
It had 30,000 plus followers on facebook the last time I looked it up. Most of which aren't even from Davao! We just had to try it and it was OSOOOOMly delicious. 

Since it was Araw ng Davao, Backyard Burgers had a huge sale. They sold their best sellers for only P100! Bonus on our part!


 This is making me hungry.

 Covered in melted cheese.

Such a beaut! That's bacon by the way and oozing cheese.

Mac takin' a bite. OOOHH goodness I am definitely hungry for a burger right now T____T

They had pretty cups, too. This one was steel ;)

After filling up, we started walkin'.

 We went to SM Lanang after transferring to another hotel.
Great timing! There was a Food Expo and I get excited with anything that has to do with my palate. 


On the way there, we came across a long line of flowers at a shop. I was about to take a picture of the flowers when I saw this cute lady take a selfie with the orchids. Reminded me of my mom. HA!


And there we were at the Expo! 

Yes, this was a real thing. And no, I didn't try it.

I didn't notice there were other nice flavors 'till now! All I saw then were crocodiles and ostrich. Blah!

*drools


We tried this one with crackers. It was heavenly.


Local chocolate with tight branding :)
I bought some dark chocolates for my ma and pa!


Another highlight of the trip for me was having my first Happy Lemon milk tea!
I've been hearing about it and I am soooo fond of milk teas!
I had cocoa with rock salt and cheese.
It made me wish it was in Cebu </3


Here are more photos I took that day. Davao looked clean and beautiful to me :) It was like Cebu without the trash, not even downtown. It felt really safe, too. ^_^

SM Lanang

At the mall.

Just look at their downtown area. Imagine a safer and trash-free Colon.





Look at kuya Driver strike a pose! haha







'Till the next travel,
Elle